USARS Rink Hockey Coaching Levels
Level 1 Coach: Qualifies to coach at a USA/RS sanctioned tournament or National Championship Event.
Level 2 Coach: Qualifies to coach at a USA/RS sanctioned tournament or a National Championship preparatory to qualifying for a level 3 test. Also, level 2 coaches may assist as a functions assistant coach for a National Team Coach. *Experience
Exceptions can be applied for though the USA/RS Roller Hockey Committee.
Level 3 Coach: Qualifies to coach in any USA/RS event as well International Club events. This level may apply to be a National Team Coach to be in the selection process by the USA/RS Roller Hockey Committee.
Level 4 Category: See requirements and criteria for Elite Level Coaching status and the applications process.
Categories of Coaches
1) Former National Team Players and Assistant Coaches who have participated in a World Championship Event. This does not include spectators or Junior World Championship participation for juniors. Adult Junior Team Coaches would qualify.
1. Apply for an experience exemption through the USARS Hockey Committee and not take 1st level or wait 1 year.
2. Must take the 2nd level test – wait one year-
3. After one year can take the 3rd Level test and upon passing it be immediately be eligible to apply for a National Team coaching position.
2) Non National Team players and Coaches who wish to progress to level 3 coaches
1. Must take level 1 coaches test
2. After one year take the level 2 Coaches test
3. After one year take the level 3 Coaches test and upon passing the test is immediately eligible to apply for a National Team coaching position.
All coaches must complete the following to maintain their coaching status:
1. Complete and keep up to date their Safe-sport training
2. Complete and keep current on their background screening
3. Must hold coaches and or player cards from USA/RS
4. Must be in good standing with USA/RS
5. Pass any coaching training with World Skate that mandatory for international coaching.
Coaches that have current level 3 coaching status can keep their status providing they meet all the requirements to coach be staying current on the above items. No waiting period is necessary, and no regression in their status.
*Experience Exceptions can be applied for though the USA/RS Roller Hockey Committee.
1. Can be applied for and approved by the USA/RS Roller Hockey Committee.
2. A resume of experience and qualifications must be submitted to the committee for review.
3. Applicants must have prior Rink Hockey National coaching experience, international team player or coaching experience, or US national team experience in order to apply.
4. Take a level 3 coaching test
5. Complete all safesport training, background check, and any other requirements for US Coaches that may be necessary for National Team Coaches.
• The USA/RS Rink Hockey Committee reserves the right to approve the selection and promotions of all Applicants that apply to be USA Team Coaches.