Diversity & Inclusion Plan
USA Roller Sports recognizes that the landscape of culture, diversity and inclusion in today’s world is in constant change, and that what was once accepted in the past does not always represent the present and future. As a result, USA Roller Sports has initiated the following plan to include solutions and best practices that will encourage new participation from all potential member types regardless of race, gender, gender expression, ethnicity, culture, creed, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
- USA Roller Sports will through all available electronic mediums, to include website postings, email newsletters, and social media, promote and market existing, new and innovative programs available through the Diversity and Inclusion department of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC).
- USA Roller Sports will continue to refine and enhance all collection methods in a continued effort of delivering the organizations most accurate data of the membership population, via the Diversity and Inclusion Scorecard and Benchmarks Program conducted by the USOPC.
- USA Roller Sports will create an exclusive webpage tied to our website as a resource for members seeking specific answers to questions related to participation and opportunities that will address the topics of race, gender, gender expression, ethnicity, culture, creed, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disability.
- In the fall of 2018, USA Roller Sports aligned the organizations transgender participation guidelines and policy with the international governing body of World Skate to encourage additional inclusion all athletes and to establish consistent competition standards.
- USA Roller Sports will, with marketing images from our current membership, create and develop imagery that will reflect a much clearer and accurate picture of overall membership pool of athletes, coaches, and officials to reflect a broader vision of how diverse and inclusive the organization truly is.
- USA Roller Sports will continue to promote and share our various stories of diversity and inclusion, by requesting from members experiences and their own stories of how skating has positively impacted them and led to their participation in the various sport disciplines.All stories after receipt will be reviewed for accuracy and shared via social media and the organizations weekly newsletter.
- USA Roller Sports will adopt and promote the hashtag #USARS4ALL when delivering messages, marketing and stories related to the organization’s members, diversity and inclusion.
- Link to USA Roller Sports Diversity and Inclusion Plan
- Link to USOPC Diversity and Inclusion Plan
- Link to USA Roller Sport Transgender Athlete Declaration