Jan Porter Memorial Award
The Jan Porter Memorial Awards shall consist of four $250 winners (annually). The award recipients will be:
- 1st place (overall) male and 1st place (overall) female in elementary and freshman (or equivalent age) at the USA Roller Sports Indoor National Championships.
- To claim the award, the recipient must attend a USARS developmental speed clinic within one year of receiving the award. The recipient has 90 days from the completion of the indoor national championships to notify the USA Roller Sports executive director or the USA Roller Sports speed director that they plan on claiming their $250 award (to go to a developmental clinic).
- If 1st place declines, the award will go to the 2nd place winner in the corresponding division (age and gender). The 2nd place winner will be notified at indoor nationals that they will receive the award if 1st chooses not to go to a developmental clinic. If 1st declines, 2nd will be notified and has two weeks from the time of notification to either accept or decline the award.
- If 2nd declines, the award will go to the 3rd place winner in the corresponding division (age and gender). If 3rd declines the award, the award for that division (age and gender) will not be given for that year.
- Once the recipient of the award is determined, the USA Roller Sports executive director or the USA Roller Sports speed director will notify the United States Foundation for Amateur Roller Skating.
- Once the executive director or the speed director notifies the foundation (in writing), the foundation will issue a check to the award recipient.
- The purpose of the Jan Porter Memorial Award is to assist in the advancement of inline speed skating athletes by providing funding to athletes to attend USARS developmental clinics.