USA Roller Sports Scholarship Fund
The US Foundation for Amateur Roller Skating offers several annual scholarships for successful roller skaters who have competed at the USARS National Championships.
The US Foundation for Amateur Roller-Skating Selection Committee will evaluate all jot form applications received by the current deadline, October 31,2023, selecting qualified recipients based on current 2023-24 membership, competitive eligibility, scholastic achievement, and monetary need based on other scholarships attained.
Educational scholarships initiated by the US Foundation for Amateur Roller Skating in cooperationwith the National Governing Body of Roller Skating, USA Roller Sports, are intended to help defray a portion of the athlete's educational / training costs, and in so doing encourage athletes to further their formal education in preparation for life-long career goals. Grants are paid directly to the individual for educational tuition fees, books, lab fees, and/or dormitory housing. To qualify, the projected educational institutions must be an accredited college or university, technical or trade school that provides career education.
1. Current USARS member, in good standing for a minimum of 3 years, which includes the current 2023-2024 registration.
2. Open to all roller skating sanctioned disciplines: hockey, speed skating, roller derby and artistic.
3. Minimum of 17 years of age and in their final year of high school or a high school graduate.
4. Must be an American Citizen or legal resident to be eligible for funding.
5. Minimum GPA of 3.0 or better for final year of high school which must have occurred within the last two years. Currently enrolled in college or trade school in good academic standing defined by their educational institution and pursuing studies for a degree or certificate.
1. Must FULLY complete a Jot Form application, on the approved form, with the required documentation, no later than October 31st, of the calendar year. Applicants will be notified by November 30th.
2. Educational Scholarship grants will be payable to the recipient for use in enrolling in a college or qualified institution of his or her choice or for tuition and/or books for the current or next scholastic year. However, initiation of use for the scholarship must not be delayed more than one full calendar year following the receipt of the award, otherwise it is forfeited.
3. International Training grants, for Junior World Class Athletes are also available for qualified Junior World Class Athletes.
Best of luck in all your Skating, Educational and Career endeavors!
The US Foundation for Amateur Roller Skating, Scholarship Committee
Forms and Information
- US Roller Skating Foundation Scholarship Application
- Junior World Team Members International Training Assistance Grant Application